Master of Fine Arts in writing, Washington University; Master of Arts in English literature, Syracuse University; Bachelor of Arts in journalism, Marquette University. Formerly a full-time newspaper reporter and magazine editor, I have taught creative writing at Washington University since 1989 and developed a following as an independent editor. I've written and published five books, including Meet Me: Writers in St. Louis (PenUltimate, 2010), nominated for a President's Award from the Missouri Writers Guild, and have worked with large and small publishers. Awards include the Missouri Biennial Award, an Academy of American Poets award, first place in the 2009 Midwest Writers Center poetry competition and first place in the 2010 St. Louis Poetry Center competition. I have been honored to be a judge for many literary contests. My poems and essays have appeared in Boulevard, Gulf Coast, The Iowa Review, The Missouri Review, River Styx, Delmar, UCity Review, Umbrella, many newspapers and magazines, and several anthologies including Flood Stage (Walrus Publishing, 2010) and Are We Feeling Better Yet? Women Speak About Health Care in America (PenUltimate, 2008). Her most recent book is The Woman Who Values Herself (Mira/Eaglet Imprints, 2011). I currently teach in the online Master of Fine Arts in Writing program at Lindenwood University.
I have excellent references.
Books I've edited include:
- Death of a Red Heroine (detective novel) by Qiu Xiaolong, SoHo Press, 2000.
- Unending Struggle: The Long Road to an Equal Education in St. Louis (history) by Gerald W. Heaney and Susan Uchitelle, Reedy Press, 2004.
- Hunted in the Heartland: A Memoir of Murder (true crime) by Bonney Hogue Patterson, Eloquent Books, 2010.
- The Black Garden (horror novel) by John S. McFarland, The Patrice Press, 2010.
- Diana of the Dunes: The True Story of Alice Gray (historical biography) by Janet Edwards, The History Press, 2010.
- The God Whom Moses Knew (faith-based novel) by J. Roger Nelson, WestBow Press, 2010.
- The Book of Sins (urban fantasy novel) by Angie O'Gorman, PlainView Press, 2010.
- Swimming Solo (memoir) by Susan R. Rava, Plateau Books, 2011.
- Gibbons Street (poetry/creative prose) by Sue Mayfield Geiger, 2011.
- Rising Above Enron (nonfiction) by Carey Falter, Kindle edition, 2011.
- Born Again Afresh (inspirational) by Memory Bengesa, AuthorHouse, 2011.
- Elizabeth: Learning to Dress Myself from the Inside Out (memoir) by Mary Elizabeth Moloney, Heart Whisperings, 2012.
- Teacher of the Year (novel) by Edward Scott Ibur, Kindle edition, 2012.
- Off the Leash: A Woman, Her Dog and the Road Trip of a Lifetime (nonfiction), by Jean Ellen Whatley, 2012.
- A Year for Kristine: Living a Secret Life (novel), by Bruce Lucas, 2012.